Manhole Cover Print T-Shirt, Spirit of Detroit. Grey Crew Neck Unisex Shirt
Manhole Cover Print T-Shirt, Spirit of Detroit. Ever go "drainspotting?" Often adorned with intricate text and imagery, these 300b cast iron giants we drive over every day are perfect improvised printing plates for shirts! We make these tees celebrating civic pride by applying waterbase printing ink directly to the metal, with a reverse print occurring as the result. While we don't know the date this particular drain cover was created, we think the hand and sun rays references Marshall Fredricks' iconic Spirit of Detroit sculpture located at the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center on Woodward Avenue.
- 4.2 oz. premium cotton Bella+Canvas jersey
- Black print on charcoal grey
- Classic crew neck
- Each is printed one at a time, on the street
- Non-toxic, waterbase printing ink
- Heat set at our studio workshop for permanence so they're durable and safe to wash and dry!
- Each is unique, on-of-a-kind.
- Yes the text is backwards, it's all part of the art of it!
- Choose XS-6XL NEW, now in 5X and 6X!
- Runs true to size. Please select your usual size
New from Well Done Goods. Hand printed in Detroit. We may not be the first to ever do this technique, but it sure is fun! You can do it too, but we've save you the mess and clean-up time, and we get some pretty strong arms as a bonus. Love this tee? See all our manhole cover designs!