Ammonite Fossil Half, Tiny Glass Dome
Ammonite Fossil Half, Tiny Glass Dome. Don't have a room-size cabinet of curiosities? Or a whole wing on your home? Maybe just a single little shelf? Now you can have a mini natural history museum!
- Tiny glass dome, cork and label
- Stone origin: Madagascar
- Each specimen weighs ~2.5g
- Small 1" dome - see US penny for scale
- Assembled and labeled in Detroit
- Each is unique and will vary slightly from the photos
Ammonites were predatory mollusks that resembled a squid with a shell. These cephalopods had eyes, tentacles, and spiral shells. They are more closely related to a living octopus, though the shells resemble that of a nautilus. Ammonites appeared in the fossil record about 240 million years ago.