Colombianite, Tiny Glass Domed Pseudotektite
Colombianite, Tiny Glass Domed Pseudotektite. Don't have a room-size cabinet of curiosities? Or a whole wing on your home? Maybe just a single little shelf? Now you can have a mini natural history museum!
- Tiny glass dome, cork and label
- Stone origin: Valle del Cauca, near Cali, Colombia
- Small weighs ~3g; large ~5-6g
- Choose small 1" dome or larger 1.5" dome - see US penny for scale
- Small 1" dome - see US penny for scale
- Assembled and labeled in Detroit
- Each is unique and will vary slightly from the photos
This is a rare Colombianite from Valle del Cauca, near Cali, Colombia. Colombianite is said to be sacred stone of the indigenous Muisca tribes of Western Colombia. Native persons call it “Piedra Rayo”, which means “Lightning Stone.” Estimated at 30 million years old, Colombianite is an obsidian pseudotektite, very similar to Safordite, also known as Cintamani Stone. Metaphysically, it is said to have one of the highest vibratory rates of any mineral or tektite.