LOQI Museum Collection Record-Size Tote Bag: POUL GERNES, Dots
- Poul Gernes Museum Collection Tote
- Bag: 20" x 16.5"; Handles: 10.6" - yes, big enough for vinyl records!
- 4.5" zipper pouch included that holds the full size bag
- Reusable & washable
- Water resistant and OEKO-TEX@ certified
- Weighs only 1.98 oz. and can carry up to 44 lbs!
A colorful optimist. A critic of capitalism. Political artist Poul Gernes would smile knowing his happy dots were being used to reduce, recycle and reuse with the Dots tote bag. © Gernes Estate.
Perfectly provocative. Colorfully edgy. Symbolic symmetry and jazzy geometry. Poul Gernes’ was rigorously experimental. In keeping with the reorientations of art in the 1960s, Gernes tore art down from the easels to engage others - the people, all of us - to help carry out his public works. Or with Gernes’ own words: "I cannot alone - want to join in?"
The 3rd and 4th images show this size bag in use with 40, 12" vinyl records - and it's not even full. That's a big tote bag! We truly can't believe how light yet well-made they are.