Single Black, Red, Green Spot Butterfly in Black Frame: Parides Vertumnus, Cattleheart
This product is unavailable
Parides Vertumnus, Cattleheart: Male specimen - Forewing in the male has a green spot.
- Butterfly: Parides Vertumnus
- Expertly prepared and spread to museum standards.
- 4.75" x 4.75" x 1" - see US penny for scale
- Metal hanger on back
- See both sides of the butterfly: flip over the frame and you can view the intricacies of the insect's body!
- Modern, minimalist black frame
- Made in Peru
How they're sourced:
Peruvian butterflies are "farm raised" in a large plot of land to protect them from outside predators. They have an average lifespan of one week to two months depending on species, are quite common, not endangered, and live out their entire life cycle. After the butterflies naturally pass, they are gently picked up and preserved.