Single Iridescent Black Butterfly in Black Frame: Mimoides Pausanias
This product is unavailable
Mimoides Pausanias: A large butterfly with iridescent brown color on the upper surface of the wings. The basal portion of the wings is metallic blue, in the centre of the forewing there is a large white or yellow patch, while the apex of the forewings is pale brown.
- Butterfly: Mimoides Pausanias
- Expertly prepared and spread to museum standards.
- 4.75" x 4.75" x 1" - see US penny for scale
- Metal hanger on back
- See both sides of the butterfly: flip over the frame and you can view the intricacies of the insect's body!
- Modern, minimalist black frame
- Made in Peru
How they're sourced:
Peruvian butterflies are "farm raised" in a large plot of land to protect them from outside predators. They have an average lifespan of one week to two months depending on species, are quite common, not endangered, and live out their entire life cycle. After the butterflies naturally pass, they are gently picked up and preserved.