Detroit City Flag Necktie, 1940s Detroit Flag Printed Tie
Detroit City Flag Necktie, 1940s Flag Printed Tie. Tie on a piece of Detroit history! Show your pride - our city flag features two Latin mottos, "Speramus Meliora and Resurget Cineribus," which translate to "We hope for better things" and "It will rise from the ashes," referencing the 1805 fire that destroyed the entire city. This 1940s vintage (and original) version of the flag was officially adopted by the city in 1948.
• Pattern: Original 1940s Detroit City Flag
• Fabric: Silky-soft microfiber or 100% silk.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink
• Necktie print size: 25.5" from bottom point.
• Knot coverage: Yes, it will go through the knot on most wearers!
• Tie size: Choose standard or narrow. Standard XL too where available.
• Microfiber care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Silk care: Spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Love this design? See all our Detroit Flag Swag!
Modeled after charitable ribbon campaigns, our city flag is our ribbon! We've partnered with Detroit's Raise The Flag organization to uplift the city through community outreach and educational sponsorship. Your purchase of any Detroit City Flag Swag supports Detroit's All About Animals' "Pets For Life" program, making life better for Detroit families and their pets, neighborhood by neighborhood.
One love. One city. One flag. New from Well Done Goods. Designed and hand-printed in the USA in our Detroit Michigan studio, located in Historic Eastern Market.