Snake Vertebrae Necklace. Real, Articulated Snake Bone Bead Adjustable Choker. Choose black or natural!
This choker is made from real snake vertebrae that are either natural color or have been dyed to a beautiful dark dark brown-black. The single vertebrae bone beads interlock just as the bones articulate in the serpent's body.
- Each is unique!
- Handmade in Indonesia
- Dyed black or plain
- Ethically sourced: Only naturally expired snakes are harvested and used, or those farm raised for food. (Yes, people eat snake in other place in the world!) Most are Python.
- Beads are approx. ~10-12mm
- One size fits most, very adjustable
- Sliding knot closure - all pieces are strung on heavy cotton cord with adjustable knots
- Please note that the number of beads will vary from one choker to another according to the size of the vertebrae. Most have around 55 vertebra beads
- The necklace is approximately 18 inches of beads and the sliding knot will make it longer. It can also be used as a hat band.
No animals are harmed for jewelry: these are bi-products from the food industry. In many Asian countries, it's typical for farm-raised Pythons to be used for leather and meat -- the bones are then upcycled decoratively so nothing goes to waste.