Campo del Cielo Meteorite Pendant, Sterling Silver Necklace
Campo del Cielo Meteorite Pendant. Wear a space rock around your neck! Makes a truly out of this world gift. Campo del Cielo translates to "Field of Heaven." Though it fell to Earth more than 4000 years ago, this meteorite was first discovered in 1576 by a Spanish military expedition, searching for a source of iron to make tools.
- 18" 925 sterling silver foxtail chain and soldered loop
- Each irony meteorite weighs ~6g - 8g and is about 3/4" long
- Meteorite origin: Argentina.
- Meteorite composition: 92% iron; 6% nickel, 2% trace minerals
- Handmade by us in our Detroit studio!
- Each is unique and will vary slightly from the photos
- Certificate of authenticity (COA) included
Scientists believe that - like other iron meteorites - the Campo del Cielo mass originated within the Asteroid Belt located between Mars and Jupiter, and probably formed around the same time as the earth: some 4.5 billion years ago.
Only about 5% of meteorites found on Earth are iron, and the Campo del Cielo material is highly collectable. They have been purchased from Argentina from a member of the International Meteorite Collectors Association (IMCA). The IMCA adheres to the highest standards of meteorite identification and proper labeling practices.