Detroit Subway Map Necktie, 1915 Vintage Map Print Tie
Detroit Subway Map Necktie, 1915 Vintage Map Print Tie. Not feeling the QLine or People Mover? A real subway system in Detroit? Believe it or not, it almost became a thing! Initially envisioned as a solution to increased traffic from trolly lines during the time, this subway proposal was an ambitious project that would have connected to areas as far out as Highland Park and Belle Isle. Unfortunately, the plan was shot down by a lone, single vote, and the project never materialized. Even though it never became real, now you can wear this little-known piece of Detroit history around your neck!
• Pattern: Proposed Detroit Subway Map
• Fabric: 100% silk or vegan safe, silky-soft microfiber
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print size: ~18" from bottom point. Knot will remain solid color w/ no design
• Tie Size: Choose standard, narrow, skinny or XL.
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Perfect for newcomers, ex-pats and long-time Detroiters alike. Illustrations adapted from an original 1915 proposal. Shown: Pale grey printing ink on navy and charcoal, dove grey ink on black, black ink on silver. Hand printed in the USA in our Detroit Michigan studio.